∎ About Sunny Villa ∎
Sunny Villa was established by local writer Yang Hao, who provided a three-story building with a garden to transform into the homestay to thank villagers for their love and achieve her dream of promoting local economic development. The homestay is jointly run by the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law team of Su Mei-hui and Yang Wei-rong. It is surrounded by greenery, and opening the windows and gazing out will reveal coconut trees and verdant fields in the distance and fruit trees and flowers blooming nearby. Guanziling, the peak of Zhentou Mountain, is also visible from the homestay. Here, guests can fully experience green slow living. The rooms are cozy with wooden floors. All of them have two bay windows that offer magnificent and expansive views. The appliances and toiletries are made from eco-friendly materials, and sheets and comforters are dried out in the sun, infusing them with the fragrance of sunshine. For breakfast, the homestay offers home-grown vegetables and fruits and local specialties, and dinner is also available by reservation. There is a kitchen for the use of guests, as well as bicycles. There are also two botanical gardens. Activities include fruit picking; farming; and making rag dolls, chili sauce, roselle jam, mango jam, and sunny tea to give guests the full rustic experience. There are also activities centered on well-being to help guests laugh happily and exercise, such as laughter qigong, bouncing qigong, jogging, massages, tai chi, and “appointments with writers.” The warm hospitality provided by the homestay also includes transport shuttles, itinerary recommendations, guided tours, and customized services. Its website introduces local tourist attractions and offers seasonal tour packages. The homestay also welcomes wedding parties; 30 wedding parties have stayed at the homestay. Sunny Villa is the recipient of the Ministry of Transportation and Communications’ 2018 “Top 100 Best Hospitality B&B Award;” the “Top 10 Best Hospitality B&B Elite Award,” where it received the highest number of online votes; and the “Special Themed Experience National Award.” It was also selected as one of the “Top 100 Stores in Tainan” and “The Best Stores in Tainan,” and finished first in an online vote on guesthouses. It was designated as an eco-friendly hotel and has been scouted by the international media. Many newspapers have also written numerous reports on the homestay.
∎ Housing information ∎
- The homestay offers a complimentary breakfast buffet from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. (Guests can also make reservations for special dinners starting from NT$250 per person.)
- Weekday and holiday definitions: Sundays to Fridays are defined as weekdays; Saturdays and long weekends are defined as holidays. (The Lunar New Year period is priced separately.)
- Check-in time: 2:30 p.m. and after; check-out time: before 11 a.m. the next day. (During long weekends and the Lunar New Year, the check-in time is 3 p.m. and after.)
- Please first call to check availability. Once a telephone reservation is made, please pay a deposit equal to one-third the total amount within two days. During long weekends when the scheduled stay is three days or more, the deposit will be increased to 50 percent of the total amount of the agreed room rate. (Please contact us for remittance instructions for the Lunar New Year period.)
- When checking out, please remember to return the room key if you took a key. Please pay the remainder of the accommodation charge when checking in and registering.
- The homestay changes all bedsheets, comforters, and towels after each stay to provide guests with the cleanest and most hygienic living environment.
- The check-in time is 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. (the check-in time during long weekends and the Lunar New Year is 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.). If guests are unable to arrive within this timeframe, they must inform the guesthouse. If they do not contact us, the deposit will not be returned. The check-out time is before 11 a.m. the next day. If guests exceed the check-out time by 30 minutes or more, a fee will be levied (NT$300 per hour).
- Please remove shoes and change into house shoes before entering the communal areas. Please remove shoes before entering the guestrooms. Please keep money and other valuables safe; the homestay will not take responsibility for them.
- Children 110 cm or taller are considered to be occupants (two children under 110 cm tall will be considered as one occupant). Adults are asked to pay attention to the safety of the children at all times.
- To maintain the quality of the homestay, please inform us of the number of occupants when making the reservation. If the allowed occupancy is exceeded without prior notice, the homestay reserves the right to refuse to check in the party or charge additional fees.
- The homestay reserves the right to assign the room types; if guests have any room type preferences, they should inform the reservation personnel when making the reservation, so we can arrange it in advance.
- The homestay provides paper towels, toiletries, and large bath towels. Please do not take the large towels with you if going to Guanziling’s hot springs. Please do not take the large bath towels with you when leaving the homestay. We welcome guests to supply their own toiletries in the name of environmental protection. We are an eco-friendly homestay.
- Please refrain from shaking, climbing, horsing around, and leaning on railings, stairs, balconies, handrails, and window ledges. Safety is our top priority.
- All guests are asked to help maintain a clean and tidy living environment to ensure a quality living environment and homestay experience.
- Deep frying and cooking are not allowed in the kitchen. If guests would like to cook in the kitchen, please notify us in advance. A fee will be charged. Please prepare your own ingredients and tableware. No cooking is allowed during the Lunar New Year period and long weekends.
- Please safeguard the keys to the rooms; a production fee of NT$100 will be charged for lost keys.
- Guests are asked to keep their doors closed and their voices down between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Please walk up and down the stairs lightly and please do not speak out of respect for the accommodation quality and safety of other guests. If guests continue speaking loudly or making a racket even after being asked not to, the homestay reserves the right to ask the guests to check out and keep the deposit.
- Please notify us in advance if interested in fruit-picking activities. The activity will be led by homestay personnel. There are orchards near the homestay where the fruit is grown by farmers; please do not pick the fruit there. The homestay will not take responsibility if guests violate this regulation or suffer health problems from accidentally consuming fruit that has been recently sprayed with pesticides.
- The homestay provides badminton rackets and shuttlecocks; jump ropes; hula hoops; basketballs; playing cards; and bicycles. If you would like to borrow any of these items, please inform us. Please return the items after use, and use them carefully to avert any damage.
- Smoking and betel nut chewing is not allowed inside the homestay. Gambling (including mahjong), heavy drinking, dangerous goods, and illegal activities are also prohibited. Pets are not allowed.
- Barbequing is not allowed inside the flower garden. Barbequing is possible inside the rear garden with the prior consent of the homestay. Guests are asked to clean up after themselves following barbeques or takeout meals; they will be charged a venue fee if the homestay has to clean up after them. Barbeques and dinners must conclude before 10 p.m., and please clean up afterwards.
- Firecrackers may not be set off (sparklers are allowed in the front yard).
- The homestay has water dispensers that provide cold and hot water. Guests are not allowed to cook inside their rooms.
- The homestay offers a barrier-free environment.
- An additional fee of NT$300 to NT$450 will be charged for additional occupants or beds. Please do not hang wet clothing inside the rooms and wardrobes.
- Please use the equipment and facilities of this homestay with care. Please do not destroy or lose public property. Any damage must be compensated according to the price.
- The first-floor living room is a communal recreational space; it can be used for meetings or chats, as long as they conclude before 10 p.m.
- The front door will be locked at 10:30 p.m. If guests need to go out, they should inform the homestay of their return time in advance. If they are unable to return by the scheduled time, they should contact the homestay. If they have not returned by the scheduled time and no contact is made, the homestay reserves the right to ask them to check out and keep the deposit.
- If guests feel unwell, they should notify the person in charge. We will assist guests in getting medical treatment or notifying family members.
No. 56-7, Longfeng 1st St., Dake Vil., Dongshan Dist., Tainan City
+886 6-6801877、+886 952125728、+886 911188694